Zenfie (download here) is an iOS app for meditation. It’s the first competitor to the most famous meditation app Headspace.
- Listen to meditation audio sessions.
- The app has two In-app purchase models. User can subscribe monthly/annually to access all sessions, or he can buy specific sessions.
- Sessions can be downloaded in order to be listened to offline.
- App supports 3 languages (English, French, Spanish).
- App shows statistics for user’s progress in meditation.
- App reminds the user everyday about his meditation time.
- User can set reminders to specific meditation sessions to listen to them daily/weekly/monthly.
- The app has “Offline” mode. When it’s switched on, all internet activities are stopped, and the user can only listen to downloaded sessions.
- App send push notification to users for special offers, reminders.. etc.
- App is implemented in Objective-C.
- Upon app startup, it sync its data with Zenfie server, to get all info.
- App uses AFNetworking to handle all network layer.
- App uses Push Notification service Accengage.
- App uses Analytics service AppsFlyer
- I was not responsible for the initial version of the app. Later on, I joined the development team and become fully in charge on the app.
- Upon leading the team, I refactored most the app. Rewrote the whole network layer using AFNetworking framework. Refactored all started API calls to minimize the app startup time to 4 seconds (originally 1 min).
- Discuss the requirements with customer. Analyze and estimate the required effort.
- Participate in app development, testing.
- Help colleagues in technical challenges, and do code reviews.
- Responsible for app QA.
- Submit the app to App Store.